Even the busiest woman has time for this super-effective ab routine. Perform each of the following exercises for one minute. If you have a few extra minutes to spare, repeat the full sequence one or two more times.
- Start in a straight-arm plank position.
- Bring right foot forward, bending knee.
- Switch legs, bringing left knee forward while moving right leg back (as shown). It feels a little like running in place in a plank position.
- Quickly move through this exercise for as long as possible without taking a break (aim for at least 30 seconds)! Take a quick breather if need be, but pick up again until one minute is up.
Plank With Side Step
- Start in forearm plank. Spine should be parallel to floor, abs pulling toward ceiling and feet should be close to hip-distance apart.
- Once you’re in a strong elbow plank, step left foot outward, about 8 to 10 inches (as shown), keeping core engaged and stable. Step left foot back to starting position. Now, repeat with right foot. That’s 1 rep.
- Complete as many reps as possible in one minute.
- Lie flat on floor with lower back pressed against mat and hands resting behind head.
- Bring knees in toward chest, and lift shoulder blades off mat. Be sure not to pull on neck.
- Straighten right leg while turning upper body to left, bringing right elbow toward left knee. Make sure torso is twisting, not just elbows.
- Continue to alternate sides to create a fluid “pedaling” motion.
- Perform exercise for one minute.
Side Plank With Twist
- Come into side plank on right elbow. Feet should be stacked and hips driving up toward sky.
- Place left arm behind head. Inhale.
- Exhale and rotate left rib cage toward floor. Pause and imagine pulling navel in toward spine.
- Return to starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
Reverse Tabletop Lift
- Start in a reverse tabletop position with hands directly under shoulders and ankles under knees (as shown).
- On an exhale, lower hips and straighten legs so hips are hovering above floor. Heels will rest on ground, and toes should be flexed.
- Hold for a complete breath, then inhale and push yourself back into reverse tabletop. That’s 1 rep.
- Perform as many reps as possible until one minute is up.